What are Zygomatic Implants? : Zygomatic Implants Thane
Zygomatic implants Thane are the most advanced implants system used in some instances. Often, the traditional implants are not feasible as there is extensive bone loss and insufficient bone strength to bear the implants or other prosthesis options. Zygomatic implants are used to replace the teeth from the upper jaw. They are highly successful in replacing the damaged or lost teeth from the upper jaws, where there is less bone density to support the traditional implants. It is an advanced method used with traditional implants in full-mouth rehabilitation cases. The significant advantage zygomatic implants Thane have is that they are immediate loading and give instant results.
We at The Dental Solutions, Thane and Majiwada, have a team of expert implant specialists with vast experience handling such complex cases. In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the advantages and procedures of zygomatic implants Thane- brought to you by The Dental Solutions, Thane and Majiwada.
Advantages of Zygomatic Implants Thane
- It is a single-step procedure and does not require additional treatments. The patient can return home with the final implant placed in the mouth on the same day.
- There are fewer chances of complications leading to implant failure
- The healing process is faster as there is no bone grafting procedure involved
- The long-term prognosis of these implants is excellent, with a high success rate
- It eliminates the requirement for upper dentures and provides a fixed solution to the missing teeth
- Perfect choice for the cases with atrophic upper jaw where traditional implants are not feasible
- It can be used in replacing the failing old implants
Procedure: Zygomatic Implants Thane
- The first and foremost step is the case’s clinical examination and radiological analysis. This is the most crucial step as it helps in meticulous planning while assessing the long-term prognosis.
- The clinical evaluation is complete with a 3D examination with a CT or CBCT scan that enables us to analyze the jawbone in a detailed manner.
- There are two approaches for the placement of zygomatic implants Thane- the classical approach and the other alternative one.
- Classical approach- the implant is placed through the jaw bone and maxillary sinus after incorporating anchorage from the zygomatic bone.
- The alternative approach- is the extra sinus approach, where the maxillary sinus is bypassed to reduce the rate of sinusitis and other complications.
Are you the right candidate?
The zygomatic implant Thane is suggested by our experts at The Dental Solutions, Thane and Majiwada, for mainly two reasons:
- The bone in the upper jaw is atrophic and insufficient to support the traditional implants. When there is heavy bone loss, the bone tissue gets lost by dissolving in the blood.
- The second significant indication for zygomatic Implants Thane is pneumatization of the bone. Small air cavities are scattered throughout the bone, making it more fragile and less suitable for implant placement. The pneumatized bone has a higher chance of breaking while loading with implants.
- The traditional implants have failed in your case previously because of the bone loss