WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
The outer portion of a tooth, known as the Crown, is made up of three layers: enamel, dentin, and pulp.
Filling/Restoration can be used to treat dental decay that is restricted to the first two levels. An RCT or Endodontic Treatment is required if tooth decay reaches the third layer and produces pulp irritation or infection.
When tooth decay reaches the pulp (innermost layer of the tooth) and causes inflammation, Root Canal Treatment (RCT), also known as Endodontic Treatment, is performed. It’s critical to keep the injured tooth from being extracted. An Endodontist, often known as a Root Canal Specialist, performs this surgery. The technique entails the following:
- Tooth material that is inflammatory or diseased is removed.
Disinfection and cleaning
Using an inert substance to fill and seal
Doing a Core Build up to strengthen the tooth
Crown/cap and restoration
It’s a multi-step technique that could take several sittings, and also due to the recent advancements single sitting root canal treatment is possible.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
A broken or infected tooth is treated with a root canal. A cracked or fractured tooth, extensive decay, gum disease, or recurrent caries on a particular tooth can all cause infection. The need for Root Canal Treatment becomes critical because:
- It prevents the infection from progressing and hence prevents the tooth from being extracted.
- RCT alleviates inflammation-related discomfort.
- A toothache is the most typical sign that you could need Root Canal Treatment. The discomfort might be minimal to severe. It’s possible that it’ll get worse with time, and you’ll feel the discomfort even when you bite your food.
- The other reason is that tooth have been sensitive for a long time. If you have pain in your tooth while eating or drinking something hot or cold, it’s possible that you’ll need root canal treatment.
- Swelling of the gums (endo-perio complex)can also indicate the necessity for root canal therapy.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF FAILING TO GET A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
- If the pain goes away, it does not signify that your tooth has healed over time; rather, it means that all of the nerves inside the tooth have died and the infection has multiplied.
- Bacteria from the infection can invade the tissues of the gums and jaw, resulting in a pus-filled abscess, space infection. This can also lead to life-threatening conditions such as heart disease and stroke.
WHAT IS THE ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PROCEDURE?
An X-ray is used as the very first step to identify the amount and approach to infection. Before beginning the treatment, if necessary, local anaesthetic is delivered.
Cavity Preparation is the next step. A cavity is prepared by removing all infectious tooth material or prior filling material and establishing a good approach to the inner-most section of the tooth (pulp).
The pulp canals are disinfected and shaped after that. The contaminated pulp is fully removed, and the canals are cleaned and formed. The area has been thoroughly disinfected.
The canals are cleaned and disinfected before being sealed and filled with Gutta-Percha, an inert rubber-like infill substance.
Restoration and crowning are the final steps. After that, a filling is placed in the crown area of the tooth cavity, followed by a Cap/Crown cementation.
CARE FOR ROOT CANAL TREATMENT AFTER THE TREATMENT
- Apply no pressure to the tooth. Because the tooth is unprotected due to the lack of a crown, applying pressure to it can cause injury.
- Chew soft foods instead of hard and crunchy foods until your teeth are fully restored.
- Brushing should be done with caution. Brushing shouldn’t be too rough.
- As soon as possible, get a dental crown to preserve your tooth from additional harm.
If you’re experiencing any complications or significant pain, make an appointment with your dentist.
INDIA’S RCT PRICES
The cost of a root canal is determined by the tooth’s location and health, as well as whether or not a crown is required.The cost also varies on the skills of the doctor, technique, and advance materials and technologies used.The cost can vary anywhere between Rs. 6000/- to 25,000/- only for the root canal,depending on the doctors and the clinics. If the infection in your tooth is not treated, it may spread to your neighbouring teeth, gums, or possibly other parts of your body, increasing the cost of treatment in the future.
QUESTIONS THAT ARE REGULARLY ASKED
Q.1. Can An Infected Tooth Heal Itself?
No, an infected tooth will not recover on its own. In fact, the infection has the potential to spread to other parts of your jaw, producing excruciating discomfort. Medications or root canal treatment are required to treat an infected tooth. Make an appointment at your nearby Clove Dental Clinic for an RCT.
Q.2. Do Root Canal Procedures Hurt A Lot?
No, root canal therapy is painless. A dentist will use local anaesthesia to numb the affected area before beginning the root canal treatment, ensuring a painless procedure.
Q.3: How Long Will It Take For You To Heal?
The treated tooth will heal within a few days after the root canal therapy is completed. Patients may have pain after waking up from anaesthesia, although this should subside within a few days owing to medicine.
Q.4: Can an RCT be completed in a single day?
The majority of root canal treatments can be completed in a single day by a dentist. In some cases of serious illness or a back tooth, a dentist may schedule a follow-up session for 2-3 days to complete the treatment.
Q5. Is root canal treatment painful
No, if done skillfully by a doctor its painless, Dr. Purvi Goyal and her team of doctors are very soft, gentle and highly skilled in a painless root canal treatment and single sitting root canal treatment and Single day dentistry
A patient review after a painless root canal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWYOlJ2qofo
If you are in severe pain or having a discomfort and think may need a root canal treatment call us immediately @9920744926
For any other question or care or inquiry in regards to your root canal treatment 9920744926. Our Chief Dentist, Dr. Purvi Goyal can help you with the best dental treatment and painless root canal treatment. Or use the following link to book an appointment bit.ly/3fzyvv3