A brief overview of Toothache: Toothache Treatment Thane
Toothache Treatment Thane: Toothache or the pain in the tooth or surrounding gums is primarily due to the direct involvement of the concerned tooth. However, sometimes there are instances where the toothache is referred to as a primary pain originating near the tooth. The toothache becomes an emergency when it is severe and spontaneous due to infection in the surrounding root areas.
Toothache Treatment should not be ignored as the condition worsens; it becomes challenging to save the natural tooth. The information provided below will briefly discuss the causes, symptoms, and Toothache Treatment Thane- brought to you by The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic.
Causes of Toothache
- The most common cause of toothache is dental decay. The decay starts from the outermost layer as a small spot or tooth discoloration without any symptoms. As the decay progresses and reaches the innermost layer that contains nerves and blood vessels, it starts to show signs of toothache.
- Another major cause of toothache is the eruption of wisdom teeth. The tooth erupts in the back of the mouth at around 18-24 yrs. The wisdom tooth remains impacted or partially erupted if insufficient space is available. The partially erupted tooth has a soft tissue covering over it, inflamed due to plaque accumulation leading to pain.
Symptoms of toothache
- Sharp and throbbing pain
- Spontaneous pain
- Swelling around the tooth
- Pain or tenderness in a single or multiple teeth
- Referred pain to the ears, neck, and temple area
- Pus discharge sometimes from the surrounding soft tissue
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food items
- Systemic symptoms like fever may be seen sometimes
Toothache Treatment Thane
- The treatment at The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic for tooth pain primarily depends on the cause of the pain. If there is an unerupted tooth or a partially erupted wisdom tooth that shows no signs of complete adequate eruption needs to be extracted
- If the tooth decay has reached the second layer of the tooth, it needs to be removed and filled with dental fillings.
- If the decay has reached the third and the innermost layer of the teeth, it needs root canal treatment.
Are any home remedies available?
Home remedies are available for toothache, but one should remember that these are temporary reliefs and not permanent solutions. The most common home remedies are:
- Using clove oil
- Using cold compression technique to relieve the pain
- Using ginger tea extract
- Applying turmeric
The best way to address toothache is by getting your complete dental examination done. Our team at The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic will clinically and radiographically evaluate the offending tooth to find the root cause of toothache before formulating a customized plan.
How to prevent toothache
- The best way to avoid toothache is by maintaining good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly.
- Avoid intake of too much sugar and rinsing your mouth after every meal
- Regular dental checkups also play a crucial role in determining the initial stage lesion to eliminate the risk of toothache in future.