What are dental fillings: Tooth Fillings in Thane
Your tooth has three layers, and if the decay is confined to the outer layers, then Tooth Fillings in Thane are the treatment choice. Dental fillings are done if the tooth’s nerves and blood vessels are not involved in the decay. To treat the tooth, our experts at The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic will carefully examine your teeth’ condition clinically and radiographically.
After examining the case, the type of tooth filings in Thane is decided based on the extent of the decay. There are various types of Tooth Fillings in Majiwada available that are indicated as per the dental requirement.
The information below will briefly discuss the types of fillings with their pros and cons- brought to you by The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic.
Types of filling materials: Tooth Fillings in Majiwada
Several kinds of tooth filling materials are available with their advantages and disadvantages. The dentist will decide on the best suitable material based on the extent of the decay, the type of tooth involved, and the number of tooth surfaces affected.
Silver amalgam fillings: Tooth Fillings in Thane
- Silver fillings last 10-15 yrs
- Less expensive than composite fillings
- Can withstand chewing forces with great strength
- The color of the silver fillings does not match the color of the teeth.
- For proper retention of the silver fillings, extensive tooth preparation is required. A lot of healthy tooth structure is thus removed in the process.
- Silver amalgam fillings tend to discolor the tooth giving a grayish-black hue around it.
Tooth-colored composite fillings: Tooth Fillings in Thane
- The color of the tooth filling exactly matches the tooth. It is a highly aesthetic option to restore the decayed tooth, especially in the front tooth region.
- The bonding of tooth-colored filling is superior. The micromechanical bond it creates with the tooth helps in providing additional support.
- The composite tooth-colored filling is a versatile option to restore tooth decay and repair the broken or chipped-off tooth structure.
- The tooth preparation needed for composite restoration is minimal and involves only the decayed portion’s removal.
- The durability of the composite fillings is a little less compared with the silver amalgam fillings. The ability to withstand pressure is also less, especially in a large cavity.
- Compared to the silver fillings, they are a bit expensive
- It may require more than one visit to the clinic for onlay and inlay preparations
- There are high chances of chipping off the filling when it is done on the edges of the front tooth
- Made up of porcelain, they usually last longer than composite fillings
- Ceramic fillings are a bit expensive when compared with other tooth fillings in Thane
Glass ionomer fillings
- GIC materials release fluoride that prevents the further tooth decay
- These tooth fillings are less resistant to wear and tear
- They are usually indicated in children
Aftercare of Tooth Fillings in Thane
- Maintaining tooth filling largely depends on how well you take care of oral hygiene.
- Regular brushing and flossing become even more essential when the tooth filling is done.
- Along with brushing and flossing, you can use medicated mouthwash as per the guidance of your dentist.
- A regular visit to the dental clinic is crucial as the follow-up of the tooth filling for any leakage or secondary caries is done by the dentist.
- Tooth sensitivity after filling a deep cavity is relatively common and is effectively managed by desensitizing toothpaste.
- The wear and tear of the tooth fillings in Thane are more when the person is involved in parafunctional habits like teeth clenching. It is advised to treat the cause of this wear and tear first to improve the lifespan of the dental fillings.
Does diet have an impact on Tooth Fillings in Thane?
- Yes, the diet you have direct impacts the tooth fillings in Thane. The more sugary intake you have, the higher the chances of bacterial colonization leading to secondary tooth decay under the existing filling.
- If the diet has an excessive intake of tea, coffee, and other tooth-staining components, then this is likely to stain the tooth-colored composite fillings.
- Eating tough food items can badly impact the tooth fillings in Thane.