Why do you need Braces: Dental Braces in Thane
Dental braces in Thane are an integral part of cosmetic dentistry. They help enhance your smile and promote good oral health by aligning your teeth. The correct age to start the braces treatment is as early as possible; however, with the newer methods available in modern orthodontics, it is possible to treat misaligned teeth at any age.
In the information provided below, we will briefly discuss the common reasons, types, and procedures of Dental Braces in Thane- brought to by The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic.
When do you need Braces: Dental Braces in Thane
Crooked teeth are one of the most common causes of orthodontic treatment. When the teeth overlap, they are not only unaesthetic but also pose a problem for effectively cleaning the teeth and gums.
When the upper front teeth overlap with the lower front teeth too vertically, this condition is called an overbite. Overbite correction is more manageable in young patients as the bones are not much calcified, and it is easier to move the teeth.
Spacing between the milk teeth is considered normal and is not an indication of orthodontic treatment. The difference in the sizes of the milk teeth and permanent teeth compensate for this gap. However, if there is spacing in the permanent teeth, then it is an indication of Dental Braces in Thane.
When the upper front teeth are inclined horizontally more over the lower ones, this condition is called overjet and needs correction with Dental Braces in Majiwada.
Types of Braces: Dental Braces in Thane
There are mainly three types of fixed braces that are used in the treatment of misaligned teeth, namely-
The traditional form of treatment are the metal braces in which a metal bracket is fixed onto the tooth with metal wires passing through them. The whole network is made up of metal, which is evident during treatment. Metal braces can correct almost all kinds of misalignments but are comparatively unaesthetic.
They are similar to metal braces in form and function, with the only difference being in the brackets’ color. Since ceramic braces are tooth colored, they blend more quickly and are more aesthetic than metal braces.
Also known as discrete or inside braces, they are fixed on the inner aspect of your teeth. They are slightly more expensive than traditional braces and can not be given in all cases.
Braces procedure: Dental Braces in Majiwada
- The first step of the braces procedure is to diagnose the condition correctly and formulate a customized treatment plan accordingly.
- Our braces specialists at The Dental Solutions Thane – Thane’s only NABH Accredited Dental Clinic will first do the clinical examination, followed by the radiographic analysis of your dental condition.
- The next step is impression-making of your current dental status to plan the movement of the teeth into a more desired position by studying the dental model.
- Our dentists will also click your photographs for future comparisons and evaluations.
- After the treatment planning, the brackets are fixed onto the teeth.
- The wires that pass through these metal braces move the teeth into the desired location.
- Regular follow-ups with our team are vital for successful treatment and a better prognosis.
Braces mechanism: Dental Braces in Thane
- Whichever type of braces is planned, the mechanism of action for correcting the misaligned teeth remains the same. The metal braces fixed on the teeth have wires passing through them. The wires exert constant pressure on the teeth to move them into a favorable position. As the pressure is exerted on the teeth, the surrounding bone begins to resorb, and the teeth start moving.
- Once the desired position of the teeth is achieved, our doctors will plan retainer therapy for you to prevent the relapse. As the teeth move into a new location, the surrounding bone takes some time to calcify around the teeth, which makes retainer therapy critical.
Points to keep in mind before planning Dental Braces in Thane
- After the braces treatment, it is essential to consult your doctor before planning to remove the braces.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial with the braces treatment, and post-treatment, it is vital to get professional scaling done for better dental health.
- Retainer therapy is essential to maintain the teeth in the new position
- The treatment may take one yr to two yrs depending on the condition of the misalignment