What is Repeat Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment, or RCT, is a procedure to treat a damaged or infected tooth pulp. Root canal treatment involves the removal of the damaged or infected pulp from the tooth’s root, which is then cleaned, disinfected, and filled with a dental filling material to prevent further infection – Re-RCT Treatment Thane
Sometimes, the initial root canal treatment may not completely heal the tooth, and the infection may persist or recur. This is where Repeat Root Canal Treatment comes in. Re-RCT Treatment Thane is a procedure performed to treat a tooth that has previously undergone root canal treatment but has become infected again.
During Repeat Root Canal Treatment, our dentists at The Dental Solutions Thane will remove the previous filling material and any remaining infected tissue, clean and disinfect the root canal system, and refill it with a new dental filling material. Re-root canal treatment aims to eliminate any remaining infection and restore the tooth to a healthy state.
Indications of Re-RCT Treatment Thane
If you have any of the following symptoms in a tooth that has previously undergone root canal treatment, it may indicate that the tooth is infected again.
- Persistent or recurrent pain
- Sensitivity to temperature or pressure:
- Radiographic evidence of infection
Benefits of Re-RCT Treatment Thane
- Saves the tooth: Re-root canal treatment can save a tooth that would otherwise need to be pulled out. This is important because losing a tooth can affect your ability to eat, speak, and smile properly.
- Relieves pain and discomfort: Re-root canal treatment can alleviate the pain and discomfort associated with an infected tooth. Once the infected tissue is removed and the root canal system is disinfected, the pain subsides.
- Prevents the spread of infection: Re-root canal treatment can prevent infection from the tooth to other areas of the mouth or body. An untreated infection in the tooth can spread to the jawbone, gums, and other teeth and, in severe cases, can even lead to systemic infections.
- Cost-effective: Re-root canal treatment is often more cost-effective than extracting and replacing a tooth with a dental implant or bridge.
The procedure of Re-RCT Treatment Thane
- Anesthesia: The first step is to numb the area around the tooth with a local anesthetic. This will help to ensure that you are comfortable during the procedure.
- Accessing the root canal system: our doctors at The Dental Solutions Thane will then create an opening in the tooth to access the root canal system. This may involve removing the dental filling material from the previous root canal treatment. Special attention is given to finding the root cause of the failure of the last root canal procedure.
- Removing infected tissue: our doctors will use specialized tools to remove any infected or damaged tissue from the root canal system. This includes removing any remaining filling material and the nerve tissue and blood vessels in the canal.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: our dentist will then clean and disinfect the root canal system to remove any remaining bacteria and reduce the risk of reinfection. This is done using a combination of specialized tools and antimicrobial solutions.
- Filling the root canal: Once the root canal system has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, the dentist will fill it with a dental filling material, such as gutta-percha, to seal the canal and prevent further infection.
- Restoring the tooth: Finally, the dentist will restore the tooth with a dental filling or crown to protect it and restore its function.