What is Disimpaction: Impaction Treatment Thane
Impaction Treatment Thane: Impacted teeth are those teeth that have been blocked due to insufficient space in the jaw. They are either partially erupted or completely unerupted in the mouth. The process of removal of the offending impacted tooth is known as Disimpaction.
Our oral surgeons in Thane and Majiwada ensure that the entire process is painless and the surgery is done while maintaining the international standards of hygiene and sterilization protocols. In the information below, we will discuss the symptoms, causes, and treatment of impacted teeth- brought to you by Dental Solutions Thane and Majiwada.
Symptoms of impacted teeth: Impaction Treatment Thane
Impacted teeth may or may not have any symptoms. In cases of partially erupted teeth, there are chances of food lodgement, and thus disimpaction procedure Majiwada becomes essential. The common symptoms of impacted teeth that necessitate Impaction Treatment Thane are:
- Red, swollen and painful soft tissue around the affected tooth
- Inability to open the mouth completely
- Pain while chewing or opening the mouth
- Bad breath and taste in the mouth
- Damage to the adjacent tooth
- Alignment problems
- Pain in the ear, head, and neck region
Everyone doesn’t need to have all the symptoms. Each case is different, and you may experience some symptoms depending on the degree of impaction. Disimpaction Majiwada is planned after carefully examining the case clinically and radiographically.
Causes of Impaction
The most common cause of impaction is insufficient space in the jaws for complete eruption of the teeth. Any teeth can get impacted though the most commonly impacted teeth are the third molars. Children who have retained milk teeth can lead to impaction of permanent teeth. The permanent teeth can get pushed into a different location if their path is blocked due to the milk teeth or other dental pathology.
Purpose of Disimpaction
Our oral surgeons will constantly monitor your wisdom teeth clinically and radiographically. The purpose of disimpaction is to prevent the complications like-
- Damage to the roots of the adjacent tooth
- Tooth decay
- Root caries
- Bone loss
- Damage to the surrounding soft tissues
How to prepare for Impaction Treatment Thane
- Wear comfortable clothes on the day of the procedure
- Eat your food properly before the disimpaction as an empty stomach is contraindicated for administering local anesthesia
- Always tell your doctor about the medicines you are taking before planning for the surgery.
- Avoid smoking, drinking, and other habits before the surgery
- Consult your doctor regarding the medical history before planning the tooth removal
Impaction Treatment Thane
- The first step is to diagnose the degree of impaction. This is done by carefully examining the case clinically and radiographically.
- Once the surgery is planned, local anesthesia is given to numb the soft tissue around the tooth
- Once the optimum level of numbness is achieved, the soft tissue is cut to make the bone and tooth visible.
- If there is a requirement, the dentist can do some bone cutting to make the removal easy.
- After the procedure, the site is closed with sutures and packed with gauze.
- Sutures need to be removed after 7-10 days.
- It is essential to visit the dentist for follow-up visits to monitor the healing process