What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding Thane is a method in which a tooth-colored resin is applied to the tooth to restore it. The tooth-colored material is molded into the desired shape and then hardened with a special light.
When is Dental Bonding done?
Dental bonding, Majiwada is an excellent treatment choice for various conditions like:
- To repair decayed teeth, cracked teeth, or chipped-off enamel
- To enhance the smile in case of heavily stained teeth or the stains that are not removed with teeth whitening
- To close the gaps between the teeth
- To alter the shape of the teeth
- In the case of a gummy smile, it can be used to make teeth look longer
- An excellent alternative option to amalgam fillings for restoring the teeth
- In cases of gums recession, dental bonding is used for fixing the root surface of the tooth
Procedure for dental bonding Thane
- Our dental team in Majiwada and
Thane does minimal dental preparation for dental bonding. The tooth is not prepared but made rough to allow the composite material to stick to the tooth surface properly.
- A shade guide is used to select the composite resin color as per the case’s requirement.
- To make the teeth rougher, it is etched with a weak acid, and a bonding agent is applied.
- The bonding liquid will condition the tooth to adhere to the composite material.
- The composite material is now applied in layers and molded into the desired shape.
- Our cosmetic dentists in Majiwada ensure that the natural shape and form of the tooth are replicated.
- The material is now hardened with a special light, and the final finishing/ polishing of the tooth is done post-hardening the material.
- The time taken for dental bonding Thane usually depends on the tooth type and the defect’s location. It ranges from 30 mins to 60 mins per tooth.
Aftercare of dental bonding Thane
- Avoid parafunctional habits like nail biting, teeth clenching, and chewing on pens and pencils.
- Do not eat tough food items and avoid biting onto ice or other hard food items from your front tooth if the teeth bonding is done in the front tooth.
- Visit your dentist if you feel that the edges are not smooth or the bite is not proper.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular follow-ups
Advantages and disadvantages of dental bonding Thane
- One of the easiest and most affordable cosmetic procedure
- Done in a single sitting
- The application process is easy
- Caters to a wide range of dental problems
- There is no extensive tooth preparation
- The whole process is completed without any lab involvement
- Usually, there is no anesthesia required for the treatment
- Requires special attention and care for longer life
- Has the tendency to break or chip off
- Unlike veneers and dental crowns tend to stain easily
- May fracture or chip off in certain conditions
The bottom line-
Dental bonding Thane is an excellent way to restore the tooth and enhance your smile. However, it is best to consult our team of dentists in Thane and Majiwada to get your dental checkup and find your eligibility.